LJX Ltd is committed to the conservation and improvement of the environment and to minimising the environmental impacts of the risks arising from its activities.
In order to achieve this aim, the Company has the following key objectives:
- To promote sound environmental management policies and practices throughout the Company; as a minimum, to comply with the requirements of relevant legislation
- To make efficient and environmentally responsible use of energy and water.
- To promote environmentally responsible procurement of goods and services.
- To minimise waste production as far as is practicable, to reuse or recycle waste.
- Where appropriate and to regulate the treatment and disposal of residual waste.
- To reduce and, where practicable, prevent pollution.
- To minimise the impact of transport on the environment arising from Company’s own vehicles.
- To minimise any adverse environmental impact of any new Company development.
- To maintain the Company’s premises in an environmentally sensitive way.
- To minimise the adverse environmental impact of the decommissioning and disposal of Company assets.
- To communicate the Company’s environmental performance internally and to the external community.
- To raise staff awareness of the Company’s environmental impact, activities and performance and to promote individual good practice.
- To identify the Company’s shared responsibilities with its clients to allow environmental concerns to be identified and addressed at an at an early stage.
- To assess the environmental impact of each of the Company’s work sites and take the necessary action to reduce any adverse impacts to a practicable minimum.
- To promote and share good practices in environmental management.
The main responsibility for implementation of this policy lies with the Operations Director.
Whilst LJX Ltd accepts the main responsibility for implementation of this policy, employees have a very important role in co-operating with those responsible for safeguarding the environment. Employees are required to abide by rules and requirements made under the authority of this policy.