It is the policy of LJX Ltd to safeguard the health, safety and welfare of all its employees and professional associates, and LJX Ltd’s, staff and agents, and other members of the public whilst at work.
The Company fully accepts its responsibility for other persons who may be affected by its work activities. The Company accepts the aims and provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, and will take steps to ensure that its statutory duties are met at all times.
It is our duty to ensure that all processes and systems of work are designed to take account of health and safety and are properly supervised at all times.
We will assess the risks to the health and safety of our employees and to anyone else who may be affected by our work activities. We will also make arrangements to effectively plan, organise, control, monitor and review the preventative and protective measures identified as being necessary by these risk assessments as well as ensure that;
- Adequate facilities and arrangements will be maintained to enable employees to raise issues of health and safety (Work Safe Procedures).
- Competent people will be appointed to assist us in meeting our statutory duties including, where appropriate, specialists from outwith the organisation.
- We will provide information, instruction, training, and supervision to employees and others as is necessary to implement and maintain high standards of health and safety.
- We have established arrangements for ensuring safety and absence of risks to health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances, so far as is reasonably practicable.
- We will provide and maintain a working environment for employees and the public that is safe, without risks to health and adequate as regards facilities and arrangements for their welfare, so far as is reasonably practicable.
Every employee must co-operate with us to enable all statutory duties to be complied with. The successful implementation of this policy requires total commitment from all levels of employee.
Each individual has a legal obligation to take reasonable care for their own health and safety, and for the safety of other people who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
This policy will be regularly monitored to ensure that the objectives are achieved. It will be reviewed, and if necessary, revised in the light of legislative or organisational changes.